Cisco announced Umi, a video conferencing appliance for typical consumers.
Umi consists of camera mounted to the top of the screen which can capture Full HD 1080p video at 30 frames per second. The camera is connected to a device which act as a internet gateway for the TV.
Umi which is scheduled to be available by November and is expected to cost around $599 with $24.99 monthly service charge for unlimited video calling.
Detailed specs of Umi
- Full HD 1080p video calling (1920×1080 pixels) and 720p recording at 30 frames per second.
- Dynamic resolution scaling based on available bandwidth (1080p, 720p, and 480p supported)
Camera Optics and Mechanics
- Optical zoom
- Multi glass lens
- Auto focus, auto exposure and auto white balance
- Motorized aim –pan, tilt, and zoom
- Motorized shutter for privacy control
Microphone and Speaker
- Built-in microphone array with software beamforming
- Embedded speaker for incoming call ringing
- Compatible with high-definition widescreen TVs capable of 1080p or 720p with available HDMI port.
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n )
- 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45)
Video Input and Outputs
- HDMI Out: ūmi console to TV, HDMI In: media passthrough supported with select set top boxes and BluRay equipment.
- Digital audio over HDMI or optical audio
- Built-in IR receiver for ūmi remote
Source : Cisco Umi Products